675 g (1 1/2 Ib) cod steaks
12 large bay leaves
12 - 16 button mushrooms, stalks removed
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
4 tablespoons wine vinegar
4 tablespoons olive or sunflower oil
4 tablespoons tomato ketchup
1. Remove the skin and bones from the cod
and cut into chunks.
2. Place in a glass or earthenware bowl. Combine the marinade - sauce ingredients,
3. pour over the cod and leave for 20 minutes turning occasionally.
4. Make sure the barbecue is good and hot.
5. Oil the kebab skewers and thread on the chunks of cod interspersed with the bay leaves and mushrooms.
6. Grill over the barbecue, turning and basting with the marinade.
7. Serve immediately with a crisp green salad, and pour the remaining marinade/sauce over the kebabs on the individual plates.
This recipe is from How To Cook Fish - http://www.howtocookfish.info