2 tablespoons oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 medium cooking (tart) apples
75 g (13 oz) creamed or shredded coconut
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 1/4 cup (1/2 pint) 300 ml fish stock
2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
675 g (1 1/2 lb) cod fillets
1. Place the oil in a large pan, add the
onion and cook over a medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes, until the onion is
softened and lightly browned.
2. Peel, core and slice the apples into the pan. Add the coconut to the pan with the salt, sugar, stock, curry powder, coriander and cumin.
3. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
4. Process until smooth in a food processor or liquidiser and return to the pan.
5. Cut the cod into large chunks. Add to the sauce and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes until the cod flakes easily when pressed with a knife.
6. Serve with plain boiled rice mixed with peas.
This recipe is from How To Cook Fish - http://www.howtocookfish.info