1 1/2 - 1 3/4 lb (750 - 850 g) barramundi,
gutted and with gills removed
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, very finely chopped
2 spring onions, very finely sliced, including all the good green parts
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
4 spring onions, frilled, to garnish
1. Wash the fish thoroughly and pat it dry
with kitchen paper.
2. Rub the salt all over the fish inside and out, and leave it in a cool place for 20 minutes.
3. Now set up the steamer. For this size of fish it is best to steam the fish between two plates.
4. Alternatively, wrap it loosely in lightly oiled foil and place on the steaming rack of a wok or fish kettle.
5. Put a little of the ginger and spring onion inside the belly of the fish, scatter the rest all over and steam for 15 to 25 minutes depending on the size of the fish.
6. Transfer to a warmed serving dish. In a small sauce pan quickly heat up the sesame oil and soy sauce to boiling point and pour sizzling over the fish.
7. Garnish with the frilled spring onions and serve immediately.
This recipe is from How To Cook Fish - http://www.howtocookfish.info