Per 1 kg.
- Bring 2 1⁄2 litres of water to the boil, add 2
tablespoons of sea salt.
- Add prawns to boiling water.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes. Prawns are done when they float
to the top of the water. To test, take out a prawn and hold it to the light,
it is cooked when the flesh has shrunk from the shell slightly and the prawn
- When they’re done, remove them from the boiling water
and place in a big bowl of iced water to cool them.
- Peel and eat! Great on their own or serve with
vinegar, lemon or just bread and butter.
Also great for use in salads, fried rice and many other
This recipe is
from How To Cook Fish -