2 cooked small lobsters, each weighing 8
oz (225 g)
2 tbsp (1 oz) 25 g butter or margarine
salt and cayenne pepper
4 tbsp (60 ml) Madeira or sherry
2 egg yolks
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt single cream
chopped fresh parsley to garnish
1. Cut the lobsters in half lengthways and
remove the lobster meat from the shells.
2. Melt the butter, add the lobster, season and heat gently for 5 minutes.
3. Pour over the Madeira or sherry; increase the heat and cook until the liquid is reduced by half.
4. In a bowl, beat the egg yolks with a little seasoning and add the cream.
5. Remove the lobster from the heat, pour over the cream mixture and mix gently over a low heat until the sauce is the consistency of cream.
6. Adjust the seasoning, sprinkle with parsley and serve with hot buttered toast or boiled rice.
This recipe is from How To Cook Fish - http://www.howtocookfish.info